Thomas the Train Wooden Railway set, $4.29 + tax
Retail value, $250 range
Unbelievable, isn't it?
I wanted to start a little train set for Trey as one of his Christmas gifts, and when I found trains and tracks in the dollar spot at Target, I bought $10 worth--5 trains, 5 sets of track. And I thought, what a good start for a great deal. But now I really know what a good deal is on a "starter" set! The only tricky part was that Trey was with me and saw what I was buying. For a few days straight he kept asking to play with his "choo-choo trains" and got really upset when I wouldn't respond (I still want this to be a Christmas gift). He hasn't mentioned it for several days now, so hopefully he won't see this post and be reminded.
My plan is to have this set up under the tree and after he wakes up, but just before he comes out we will turn on the two engines that are battery-operated, so they will be moving around. Won't that be fun? :) Oh, and one of the trains in the set was recalled so I mailed it in for a new replacement, and they are sending me an extra train (also new in pack) as a gift for my trouble. So we have a couple stocking stuffers already, too.
4 comments:
Holy cow! I can't believe the deal you got on that set..that's awesome! I love to bargain shop, and always love to hear about everyone's good deals. I bet he'll go crazy over it at Christmas...good job!
I love the train set!! One good reason to leave Laramie is that there are better thrift stores outside of Wyoming!! One of Kalon's BIG ideas to help our kids do their chores is to build a train that will take them to the garden, the trash, possibly their room, etc. This train will be one that they can ride on as they go from chore to chore. Wouldn't that be a fun idea?
You are an amazing thrift shopper! What a sweet find! I'm sure Trey will totally freak out at Christmas and refuse to do anything other than play with his train set for a long time!
That is so awesome! Harrison is in love with trains too. I wish I could find something like that for him!
Post a Comment