Monday, July 09, 2007

Independence Day

Can't beat a small-town parade--especially if you're a kid and everybody throws you candy!


We don't know what this was all about; the "brides" all had masks on....


Showing some patriotism.


Lugging the loot. (We parked by the P.O.)


I love how this pic turned out.


Here's a shot of Trey with "Grandma" Ruth and "Grandpa" Gary, who we lived with our 1st 2 weeks here.


Trey and Aaron decided to use the glow sticks that Grandma Ruth bought to "play football".


This is my best shot of the fireworks--any of you photographers have tips for next year?


Hope you all had a fun 4th, as well!

7 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

Love the football shot.

You ready for them Cougs?

NW Varneys said...

I hope we do well again. I don't like these one-year wonder teams. The drought in between kills me. I think if the quarterback position will just be consistent, we ought to do pretty well. He doesn't have to be great, just consistent. I'll spare you the rest of my analyzing of each position. Just know that yes, I am ready:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Varneys! We just discovered your blog (from the Pratt's blog). It's fun to see how you are all doing in your new area. Trey is just as cute as ever. We'll check back every now and then to see how you are doing. Please come visit again whenever you're around!

The Roaches

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Aaron, here's the suggestion for fireworks:

1) Tripod
2) Digital SLR camera

If you have a point-and-shoot, then you can tell me if you ever find out how to do fireworks without a tripod, because I've never found out.

Steve

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Hey Aaron, here's the suggestion for fireworks pictures:

1) Tripod
2) Digital SLR camera

If you ever find out how to take good firework pictures on a point-and-shoot without using a tripod then let me know because I've never found out how.

Steve

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Hey Aaron, here's the suggestion for fireworks pictures:

1) Tripod
2) Digital SLR camera

If you ever find out how to take good firework pictures on a point-and-shoot without using a tripod then let me know because I've never found out how.

Steve

StephenEmily Stacey said...

If my comment shows up a million times, then I'm sorry. I didn't read the part about "comment moderation" so I just re-sent it over and over. If you want, you can just "not approve" all the repeats, as well as this one.

Steve