Monday, April 16, 2007

Go Lady Vols!

On our way to the celebration in Knoxville for the 2007 NCAA Women's Basketball Champs. Finally we are on top again! As some of you may remember, I had predicted that this was the year for various reasons, but mainly because I was back in town. :) I had a scare when they played UNC in the Final Four--it was an ugly game and I was in Alaska. Somehow they pulled a win out of it, though.Trey and Aaron, of course. Trey was on one of the news reports that evening, waving his pompom wildly!
Lady Vols and Coach Pat Summitt. You can also see the trophies and cut net, on the left, and in the center (the crystal basketball).
Thompson-Boling Arena was under renovations, so they held the celebration in a large hall at the convention center. It wasn't the best place for being able to see what was going on, but I can tell you there was quite a crowd and it was loud! It was fun to be a part of welcoming the champs home.
Anyone see the moon? I just couldn't resist taking a picture before fixing the problem.

1 comment:

Brady and Karen said...

Whew...glad that's Trey and not Aaron. haha