Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bonk in the night

A few days before we left for Alaska Trey was having sleep issues, which doesn't happen often. He woke up, came down stairs, and woke us up. I took him back upstairs and laid him down and told him it was time to go back to sleep. He laid down, and I thought all was well. 20 minutes later he showed up at the bedside again, just as I was falling asleep again. "Dadda? Sleep with momma, dadda in big bed." Not in my bed. This kid is an active sleeper which means I get none as a result of the beating I take. Back upstairs we went. Down he went without any protest. This happened several more times until 3:00 am, and I had work in the morning. I had Julie take over. Instead of heading back down to bed she stayed on the couch upstairs to catch him if he came out again. Well, feet first out of bed wasn't adventuresome (sp?) enough, so head first was the obvious next step. One loud thump and a couple of bounds up the stairs later, I found a bloodied lip boy crying out in wonder why he ever thought of diving out of bed. He stayed in bed after that.


No comments: