Thursday, November 15, 2007

Meet the newest wee one

6:30 pm, 11/14/2007. In good spirits despite being dilated to a 4 and being in pretty hard labor.

9:46 pm. Approximately 6 hours and 16 minutes of hard labor produced a beautiful, healthy, and quite large, 8 lb 9 oz. little girl. Meet Audrey Yvonne Varney. Don't know how Julie grows 'em so big in her little body. I thought that this one would be a bit smaller than Trey since Julie only gained 25-30 lbs. Audrey had other ideas beating Trey by 5 oz.

9:48 pm. Doing the manly thing, cutting the cord. I'm so tough.


New addition to the family.

Warming under the heat lamp and exposing herself to the world.

AHHHH! It feels so good to finally stretch out! 3896 grams converts to 8 lb 9 oz.

Audrey had a knot in her cord, but was obviously still getting enough nutrients.

Daddy and daughter. There is definitely something different about the birth of a daughter in a daddy's heart.

First hair washing.

All cleaned up and precious. Course I guess she was pretty precious even before she was cleaned up.

Family of 4 now. What the heck are we doing?

Big brother's first kiss.

Dad and the kiddos. Let chaos reign.

Grandpa sang to Audrey the song he used to sing to her mother the first time he held her.

Grandbaby #12 for this grandma.

More pics to come later. Enjoy. I need to go get Julie and babe from the hospital.

11 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

Partridge Family said...

You guys did a great job! She is beautiful. I cannot wait to meet the little one!

Megan said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Love the name. Hope everyone is doing well and adjusting to life with the new baby.

R and K said...

Julie! (and Aaron and Trey),
Congratulations!!! Thanks for the prompt update too. She is a sweetie and I love the name Audrey! Wow, what a beautiful family! I will be watching the blog for survival tips with 2 kids!
-Kim

jules said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She's so beautiful! Julie - you look AMAZING! I can't believe you just had a baby! I'm so excited to know she's a girl...now I can finally go shopping!! :) I love the name Audrey. Way to go, Varneys! YAY!

Denise said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love her name. I hope you are doing well. I am so happy for you guys.

Kerry said...

Julie and Aaron, congratulations! What a sweet little baby. I am so excited that you have a girl! You will love it. It is so much fun having one of each. I love the name Audrey! That's so cute! what does your mom think of the middle name? Enjoy these days! I feel like they went by a LOT faster the second time around.

the straz fam said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you have a family of four now! You guys are such a cute family!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Congratulations! You two sure produce cute kids; even right after they come out! We can't wait to meet her. Sure love you guys!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Varneys! She is adorable...and she'll be lots of fun! Girls are great...emotion, but great! Hope everyone's doing well and getting some rest!

NW Varneys said...

Kerry- Mom was pretty surprised when we told her the name. We didn't tell anyone the name we had picked out until Audrey was born. Mom said, "Really?" Now that she believes it, she is honored, of course.