It was wonderful to visit with them again and to see our kiddos play together. The big guys got in on the action, too:

The amazing cup tower. The Schonlaus introduced us to this fun (and cheap!) alternative to blocks. Safe around babies, too, which is something we need to start thinking about now. Here's something you wouldn't dare do with real blocks:

Pretty sweet pic, eh!

Trey is so into music. He was thrilled when Rob let him "play" the piano. Gently. :) You should hear him sing. It is SO cute! Especially when he is making up the song--I am amazed at his "range" in improv.

We were lucky enough to be there near Julie's birthday, so we got to party! Trey and Erica enjoyed helping to make this fun clown cake. Today, Trey was playing with his play food, and took apart a cone/ice cream scoop and said "I want to mate a tate!" which, being translated means, "I want to make a cake!" It took me a few seconds to understand what he was talking about--but he was remembering the cones we used for party hats on this clown cake. See? :)

I LOVE this picture--I just love to see kids who love to read so much that they will "read" books on their own. Today Trey took almost every single book off his shelf (which is A LOT) and must have flipped through each one, because I got a nice long break. And it wasn't even quiet time!
Some fun with the parachute:




Sorry I didn't edit that last one for red-eye. I am feeling a little bit lazy right now. The picture before it reminds me of when Trey is and Aaron are in a rough-housing mood. Trey says "Whoop my Trash, Daddy!" It is hilarious. There was no trash-whooping at the Schonlaus, though. But lots of fun with the daddies, anyway, as you can tell. Thanks again, Rob and Julie!
Our nice long weekend was capped off as we headed back toward home and met Matt, Bethany, and Kelly (who were headed back to their home from the Oregon Coast and Portland) at a random State Park along the interstate. Trey and Kelly dug for "buried treasure" together while we adult-like figures visited at a picnic table. It was great to see them and catch up on their life. Unfortunately, due to dead camera batteries, we have no pictures of this rendezvous. :( The little ones have changed quitea bit since the days when Trey was Kelly's brother from another mother.
2 comments:
Sweet cup tower...we'll have to try that. P.S. Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl or are you being surprised?
It's a surprise!!
Post a Comment