Sunday, September 16, 2007

Golden Gardens

While in Seattle over Labor Day weekend, we were able to spend some time with Jude and his parents (and baby sister). Trey loved playing with Jude, and we had a great time visiting with Abbey and Eldon. We had a lot of fun at Golden Gardens Beach with them!



Building a sandcastle, of course! Please forgive me for Trey's totally mismatched clothes.



The finished masterpiece. Of course, the big guys did pretty much all the work--and seemed to really enjoy the opportunity to pretend they were young again. ;) Abbey and I were content to just relax and enjoy the entertainment.



Throwing rocks, of course. A favorite pasttime.



Two handsome, messy-mouthed boys. Jude's is Oreo and Trey's is sand. Trey had actually fallen and gotten sand all inside his mouth, too. When I asked him why he was eating sand, he told me "Because I don't have any food!"



Here are the little guys geting ready to be buried alive. Trey buried his Daddy at the beach last summer, and even if he doesn't remember actually doing it, he's watched the video and seen the pictures several times. So he was pretty excited about the prospect. Jude doesn't look so sure here. :)






Now we're having fun!

Unfortunately, my camera batteries were dead for the rest of the weekend, but we will be getting some pics via email soon (right Jules ;) ), and when we do, we will share a little more of our Labor Day fun with you!

10 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

Well, I think it's understandable that you have to eat sand if you are hungry. Everyone knows there is something about water that brings out the hunger pains!

Megan said...

Looks fun. What is it with boys and throwing rocks? Harrison could spend hours doing that!

R and K said...

Adorable! We really need a beach here--I don't know that the Great Salt Lake makes the cut. Thanks for your comments, I chuckle heartily at them.

jules said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm mourning the loss of Seattle summer. By the way, I emailed you those pics before I read this posting! :)

Amber H. said...

So my little girl Morgan was in the room looking at this post with me. She was like, "Yook Mommy, they at da beach!" Then I was like, yeah, and look at the ocean! She was like, "I want to swim at da ocean too mommy!" I guess all kids can relate to this one! Looks like a lot of fun :o)

Claire Roach said...

What a fun vacation and some really cute pictures, too! Love the picture of Jude and Trey buried in the sand. It would make my life if Sadie hooked up with one of them someday. :)

Emily said...

I can almost hear Trey laughing when I look at the pictures of him and Jude buried in the sand!

Denise said...

Cute pictures! Trey has grown up so much and is as adorable as ever.

Claire Roach said...

That's cool that Trey remembers Sadie! We should do a live video chat with them. Do you guys use Skype? I think we've got all the right equipment...

Lindsay said...

Hi Julie- I found your blog through someone else's (can't remember which one now!) and thought I would say hello. Trey is growing up so fast and is so cute. I'm jealous that you got to take a trip up to Seattle. We've been missing it lately! Anyway, I love the blog! Keep in touch!